Washington State University Navigating Difference: Cultural Competency Training Information
- When: May 14-16, 2019 | 9:00 am – 4:00 pm daily
- Where: Seattle, WA: Talaris Conference Center, 4000 NE 41st Street, Seattle, WA 98105
- Cost: WSU $250 | Non-WSU $375
- Registration: OPENS MARCH 2019. A minimum of 15 participants is required to conduct the training and maximum participation is 30.
- Trainers: Merrianneeta Nesbitt, Louise Parker, and Anna Whitehall: WSU Navigating Difference Trainers
- Lodging: Participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations
Possible Lodging Options: COMING MARCH 2019
For more details about the Navigating DifferenceTraining format and evaluation, refer to :
- Navigating Difference published in Journal of Extension (link)
- National 4-H Program of Distinction (pdf)
- Overview: Navigating Difference Cultural Competencey Training Overview
- Poster: WSU Extension’s Navigating Difference Cultural Competence Training: Increasing Our Skills to Increase Our Reach Cultural Compencies Poster (pdf)
The WSU Navigating Difference Training is based on the WSUE Cultural Competencies and is designed using key adult education theory and practice that create a safe and welcoming environment for all learners. The learning activities respect and support individual learning styles, and the participants’ life experiences are viewed as an important source of knowledge. The intent of the program is to gain knowledge and skills that can be used when engaging in a new situation/culture, rather than focusing on specific cultural knowledge.