Train the Trainer Retreat (T-3) for WSU Navigating Difference:
Cultural Competency Training For Outreach Professionals
The WSU Navigating Difference Train the Trainer (T3) retreat is designed for outreach professionals who wish to conduct the WSU Navigating Difference Training in their own communities or states. All potential trainers must have completed the full, 18-hr. Navigating Difference Training before attending the Train the Trainer Retreat. (Please learn more about the next training on the Navigating Difference Training page.)
Navigating Difference Trainers: Merrianneeta Nesbitt, Louise Parker, and Anna Whitehall
Registration: COMING Fall 2020
Cost: WSU and K-12/Higher Ed $1,250 | General $1,750 (Cancellation Policy: *Must cancel within five (5) days of registration--Reimbursement will be 50% of the total registration cost at that time.)
Cost includes: 20 plus hours of training, WSU Navigating Difference Training Manual, Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory and Facilitator Guide, Textbook: The Art of Diversity Training, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 6 beverage breaks.
Location & Lodging: Options coming Fall 2020 (Participants will be responsible for their own lodging reservations.)
- Assess and focus on areas of competence and effectiveness as a diversity trainer.
- Become grounded in the theoretical models that are the foundation of the cultural competencies.
- Practice conducting and debriefing activities in the Navigating Difference Training.
- Understand and agree to WSUE Navigating Difference Training Policies and Procedures.
WSU Navigating Difference Train the Trainer Policies: As a participant in the Train the Trainer Retreat for WSU Navigating Difference Training curriculum, I understand that:
- I have completed participation in the full Navigating Difference Training (18 hours).
- I will be expected to attend the entire T3 retreat.
- I will be expected to complete assigned readings.
- I will provide feedback to the Navigating Difference curriculum designers on T3 content, materials and training processes through a post-session evaluation and follow-up surveys.
- I will only be certified by WSU as a trainer for the Navigating Difference curriculum as designed. Any adapted version must be approved by the Navigating Difference State Leadership Team.
- I will be expected to co-train with an experienced Navigating Difference trainer as a first step to offering the training in Washington state (note: applies only to WSU participants).
- This certification applies only to Navigating Difference, not to other diversity curricula.
Contact: Merrianneeta Nesbitt, firstname.lastname@example.org